Thursday, August 23, 2012

Introducing the Twins

Over the last few days, MJ and I have been getting to know the newest Morrisons a little better. As well as you can know someone when they're less than a week old, at least!  So allow me to share what we've learned about our twins:

Meet Sweet Pea.  She gave the initial impression that she had a very mellow temperament, but the jury's still out.  She eats very well (reminiscent of her big sister CC) and is starting to sleep slightly longer stretches at a time.  Yay for sleep!  She is rarely awake unless she's eating, and after she eats she goes back to napping.  So we don't get to see her eyes very often, although they are dark grey-blue like most newborns. 


Sweet Pea has a reddish birthmark on her right eyelid, but it's not that noticeable, especially when her eyes are open.  The pediatrician said it will fade away within the first few years.  Her face is very round and she has relatively chubby cheeks.  MJ and I think she looks a lot like CC did when she was first born. 

Meet Little Man.  He's such a tiny peanut!  I remember when CC was born, I commented that she was so large, I felt like we had completely skipped the tiny, scrawny newborn stage.  Well, with Little Man we have it in spades!  He's healthy, just small, and some of his quirks are undoubtedly due to his size.  For example, he will only sleep at night when he's being held, which is a little tricky.  No matter how deep a sleep he's in, he will wake up within 15 minutes if we put him down in his crib, bouncy seat, carseat, swing, nap nanny, or any other contraption we've tried.  I think this momma is just due for some tired nights for the next few weeks until Little Man learns to sleep on his own!


Little Man wants to eat all. the. time.  But he only eats for a few minutes before nodding off, which is why he wakes up hungry again so quickly.  But unlike his twin sister, Little Man likes to observe things.  I will often look down at him and realize that he's wide awake, just staring at me with his huge blue eyes.  I think Little Man looks a lot like the baby pictures I've seen of MJ.  And he makes the funniest faces!

1 comment:

Carol said...

I love our first glimpse into their personalities. Can't wait to squeeze these two!