Sunday, May 5, 2019

CC's First Holy Communion


This precious child made her First Communion yesterday -- and we couldn't be more proud. Photography wasn't allowed during the Mass (although we'll get a professional photo in a few weeks), but we took nice pictures  before and after the ceremony.

CC wore the dress my mom made for my First Communion. It had to be cut down a bit, but it looked beautiful on her, and I was so touched that she and I -- and my mom -- shared that special gift.

A huge thank-you to those who made the trip here to witness this milestone, especially her grandparents and the godparents. Tom and Carol came from Pittsburgh to support CC on her special day!




Afterwards, it was time to celebrate! My mom made this incredible cake, which is my favorite, hands-down. (I know I say that every time, but ... seriously.)






CC received many special and heartfelt gifts. But mostly she was covered in love and support.

"Can I really get Communion at Mass, like, every time now?" she asked me. Yes! Definitely! Starting next week, and the week after that -- when we celebrate Dane's First Communion.

No comments: