Monday, February 13, 2023

Braces!

CC finally got braces! She's actually been looking forward to it for years now. She thinks braces are fun, and cool, and cute. She's been debating which color rubber bands to get for months. 

But as the big day approached, her nerves started getting the best of her. By the time they took her back for the process, she was almost in tears. But fortunately she came bouncing back an hour later with a big smile, telling me it wasn't nearly as bad as she'd feared. And for the record, she picked pink and turquoise.

I dropped her off at school, and she refused Motrin. And she later regretted it -- by the time she got home from school, she was crying from the pain. MJ and I both had braces when we were kids, so we understand and sympathize. We've told her that the pain is just for a few days, and she'll be so glad she had braces when she's older.

"No I won't!" she insists. "I'd rather have crooked teeth forever than have these braces!"

No comments: