Thursday, August 3, 2023

Six!

This summer, CC and I had the opportunity to see Six!, the musical about Henry VIII's wives. It's been CC's obsession for the last few months, so when I heard that it was on tour, I knew we had to see it. 

We went to a nice dinner at CC's favorite restaurant, which unfortunately was so slow with our food that we had to get it wrapped up to go. But not before CC got a yummy mocktail! Anything with pineapple juice is the way to her heart.

Six! was fabulous, and our seats were amazing -- first row of the first balcony. The show was short, but very impressive, and more like a rock concert than a traditional musical. The voices were amazing. And since CC and I knew all the lyrics and music already, we were really able to enjoy the different elements each actress brought to their role. My favorite character was Anne of Cleves, but CC adores Anne Boleyn and even wants to dress like her for Halloween.

I think I've definitely found my musical soulmate. CC loves them as much as I do! MJ isn't a fan, so now that CC's getting older, maybe she'll be my regular date!

No comments: