Friday, September 13, 2024

Tennis

For the last year, I've been learning tennis. It's very humbling, but fun -- especially when it's with a bunch of friends! There are about 12 ladies who started attending a weekly beginners' clinic at our local club last fall, and we've become good friends. Even MJ and I have been playing together on the weekends, which is a really nice way to spend time together.

This fall I started playing competitively on the club's lowest-level team. My first match was yesterday, and I was partnered with a lovely older woman named Malu. She's extremely nice, and has been playing in this league for years, so she's knowledgeable and a great resource for me.


We lost our match, but it was close! We won the first set 6-0, and I thought we were in great shape to win the match in two sets. Unfortunately the other two ladies came back with a vengeance and won the second set 6-1. So we played a tiebreaker, and it was neck and neck! But unfortunately we lost the tiebreaker 6-4.

I used my brand-new racquet, a birthday gift from my parents and Jon & Susan. Thanks to all of them! It should last me for years, and it's so pretty with bright blue strings. I love it!

No comments: