Monday, August 29, 2022

New School Year!

I don't know who's happier, me or the kids! Cheers to a new school year, the beginnings of 4th and 6th grades.



The twins are really happy about their new teacher, who is a huge Disney fan. "That includes Star Wars, right?" said Little Man. He and Sweet Pea have several friends in the class, and several others right next door, who they get to eat lunch and go to recess with. The school year is starting on the right foot for sure.

Sweet Pea and CC both picked Converse high-tops as their "back to school shoes" this year, after admiring Anna and Abby's earlier this summer. I bet you can tell who's who!


CC had the biggest transition this year: now that she's in middle school (!!), she's in a new school, with new teachers and students, switching classes for each subject, and having to remember which classes are on which days. But she went into it in extremely high spirits, especially after she walked her schedule and met all her teachers at the school Open House last week.


Her friend Abigail, a 7th grader, walked CC into the building this morning, which was so sweet. 


But I am constantly reminded how tiny CC is compared to these other middle schoolers! My thoughts were confirmed when she returned home from school, eager to tell me how her first day of classes went. 

"Remember how everyone told me my keyboarding teacher was really strict?" she asked. "Well, he is. And he calls everyone by their last name. Except me ... he calls me 'Little One.'" Oh well -- at least she doesn't seem to mind!

I pray that they all have a wonderful school year, make fast friends, and know that they are surrounded by love and support whether they're home or at school.

No comments: