Friday, July 5, 2024

Modern Miracle

CC has long been a huge fan of roller coasters, but Little Man has not -- he's not a thrill-seeker at all. Sweet Pea falls somewhere in the middle, although this year she's tall enough to ride the biggest coasters at our amusement park, and she's becoming more and more enthusiastic about them.

But it's never been a problem that Little Man doesn't particularly like them. There are two he loves, and will ride again and again. But when it's time for the huge coasters, either I stay back with him while the girls go, or he waits patiently while I ride with the girls.

This week, something miraculous happened. He rode the three biggest coasters in the park, and loved them. But that's not the miraculous part! He would only ride them sitting next to CC! He said, "She makes me feel safest," and "She's the best one in our family with roller coasters."

CC was beside herself. She kept saying, "I'm such a good big sister! He really loves me!" There were so many hugs. I couldn't believe it.

These two normally bicker like crazy. Little Man never lets an opportunity pass to say something unkind to CC, immediately followed by, "I'm kidding!" We've been working for years on their relationship. On top of that, he doesn't like to be touched or hugged. I literally could not believe my eyes that he was hugging her!

We had to purchase the gimmick-y picture from the theme park to commemorate the first time all three kids went on a coaster together.

Maybe -- hopefully -- this will be their "thing" that they can bond over and share. It would be such a blessing.

No comments: