Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Guacamole

This week Otto is the size of a large avocado. I can't believe how large that is! An orange last week, and now an avocado.

Fortunately, I adore avocados! And although it's a bit of a cop-out, I made guacamole tonight to celebrate. I already make guacamole fairly often, so I probably should have put some effort into finding a different avocado recipe. But I just couldn't pass up the opportunity to make such a favorite of mine. I don't even have a recipe for it; I just mash two avocados and then chop up some cilantro, onion, jalapeno (with the insides removed so it's not too spicy), tomato (with the insides removed so it's not too soupy), and garlic. Then I squeeze about a whole lime's juice over the top and mix it all up. Perfect and delicious!


We actually doubled up on avocado this week. For dinner tonight I made Barefoot Contessa's Tuna Rolls, which call for a lot of avocado. This is a favorite recipe of mine and MJ's, and I highly recommend it (although I skip the lime zest -- it has plenty of lime flavor already from the juice). Due to my pregnancy, I cooked the tuna all the way through instead of just searing it. Yummy!

No comments: