Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving!

This year I find myself especially thankful for all the blessings in my life.  On this special day of thanks, I'm trying to go out of my way to reflect on how lucky I am, and how wonderful my life is.  Here are just a few of the things that go through my mind when I'm thanking God for being so truly blessed:

- I have such a loving, supportive husband
- I was born into a caring and warm family
- I married into a family of such consideration and generosity of spirit
- Our newborn nephew Dane was born healthy and happy
- We have friends who would drop everything if we ever needed help
- MJ and I are both healthy as horses
- MJ has such a good job, especially in this economy, which will allow me to stay home with Otto
- We both received great college educations, which led us to serve our country
- We live in an incredibly close and friendly neighborhood with lots of young families
- Our schedule allows us to spend time volunteering in the community

And most of all ... that we were given a true miracle this year, our soon-to-be-born child!  My heart feels like it will burst when I think of this gift. 

I pray that you all have a happy and warm Thanksgiving, surrounded by family and friends!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Sweetie,

Thank you for sharing! I will check back each week to see how you all progress in this wonderful journey. I have read all your entries to date and am so pleased at how wonderfully this process is going for you. My love and support to all three of you.

Love,
Auntie Arline