Sunday, January 2, 2011

Week 26 Belly Pic

So my belly has really made its presence known these last 2 weeks!  I am now wearing maternity pants full time.  I technically can still wear and button my pre-pregnancy jeans, but the last time I tried it the waist was so tight that I actually worried that it might hurt Otto.  I decided there was no point risking it.  Why force the pre-pregnancy pants when I have perfectly good maternity pants to wear?


So for the last 4-5 days, I've been wearing maternity jeans.  They don't fit perfectly -- they're still a bit big and have to be hiked up pretty often -- but I suspect I will grow into them pretty quickly. 

Otto weighs about 2 pounds now, and is moving like crazy.  I never have to wait more than 5 or 10 minutes to feel some movement, which is awfully nice for my peace of mind (although it makes me question his future sleep schedule!).  I can actually see my tummy move sometimes, not the whole shape-changing kind of movements, but little bulges and pokes here and there.

His ears are fully developed, so MJ and I play classical music into my belly at night when we're reading before bed.  I know, it's a bit silly, but it couldn't hurt, right?  :)  Besides, I like classical music, so it wouldn't be a bad thing if this baby developed a taste for it, too.

No comments: