Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Bag Happiness

I just bought a brand-spankin-new GORGEOUS bag to double as my purse and a diaper bag for CC!  I have been wanting a bag for this purpose since about May, when I realized that I hated carrying around a purse plus a diaper bag everywhere we went.  Since CC is almost always with me, it seems reasonable that we could share a bag. 

(Confession: it has been many years since I bought myself a new purse, and I'd been considering it since before CC was born.)

I scraped together my birthday money and some other cash I've been saving, and looked around online yesterday.  After about 30 minutes of browsing purses on various sites, I stumbled on this one:


LOVE LOVE LOVE. 

I'm not much of a shopper, so it's rare that something grabs my attention and makes me want it.  So when an item calls to me, it's usually "the one."  Incidentally, this is also how I found my wedding dress.

Yes, it was a bit of a splurge (this purse, not my wedding dress -- the wedding dress was a relative bargain).  And it's definitely bigger than any purse I've ever had before (oh queen of the tiny purses), but that's probably not a bad thing since I'll be using it as a diaper bag too.

So today, I went and picked it up!  CC is down for her nap, so pardon me while I go remove all the tissue paper, organize my things and the contents of CC's diaper bag into this one, and generally glory in my new bag.  Bliss!

2 comments:

B-Mama said...

Just beautiful! I'm with you on having a joint purse/diaper bag. There's no other way. You'll find you'll only need the baby essentials for your purse, then you can have another bag in the car with a change of clothes, emergency items, etc. That is def. the way to go! Have fun with your new friend! :)

Susan said...

That is YUMMY!!! Enjoy!!!