Monday, January 2, 2012

New Year's 2012

Happy New Year!  A few days late, that is!

The three of us returned home last night from a busy few days.  On Wednesday, I dropped CC off with my parents so MJ and I could head to Orlando for the Notre Dame bowl game.  On the way there, we stopped in Savannah for a night to revisit our old stomping grounds.  It's where we met, all those years ago.


Unfortunately, Notre Dame did not win.  But it was still neat to see the team in person, as well as sit with all the other Irish fans and hear the band play.  And MJ and I love any excuse to go to Savannah -- it will always have a soft spot in our hearts, and it was great to revisit all the "firsts" in our relationship.

On the way home, we stopped in Savannah again (naturally), then drove to my parents' house on Saturday.  We were thrilled to see CC again -- and my parents too, of course! -- and get together with the rest of the family to celebrate my dad's birthday that night.


Yesterday we returned home, and have spent the last 24 hours recovering, unpacking, and doing seemingly endless amounts of laundry.  The holidays are always fun, but it's also nice to settle back into our normal routine!

I hope you all had a safe and happy New Year's.  MJ and I are very excited about 2012, which promises to be another wonderful year!

No comments: