Monday, August 6, 2012

Week 37

Holy cow, only two weeks left.  Be still, my beating heart -- everything will be fine.  Even if CC's room isn't done yet, at least she has a crib to sleep in.  Really, what else does a baby need?  To be totally honest, the room I'm preparing for her is more for me than for her.  She won't know the difference!


I'm up to 50 pounds now, and I hope I don't gain much more. MJ tells me that if I was a professional boxer, I'd qualify as a heavyweight. And he also tells me that never in his life has he weighed as much as I do right now. Ha -- thanks, honey! Fortunately I am feeling pretty good about myself and my weight gain, and I'm hopeful that the weight will come off relatively easily after the twins arrive.

I've been a mad flurry of activity lately, and sometimes I need to tell myself to sit down, drink some water, rest, and put my feet up.  I am lucky that I'm able to do so much at this late stage (I don't know how I'd get all this stuff done otherwise!).  And I actually feel better when I'm busy -- it takes my mind off the discomfort my body is going through.

It's not that bad, in the grand scheme of things.  My carpal tunnel syndrome came back this week, which was a surprise to me.  I'm not going to bother getting another cortisone injection at this late stage, so I'll just deal with the nighttime pain and daytime aches and tingling.  My ankles are swollen like crazy by the end of each day, but in the mornings they are back to their (almost) normal size.  My back aches in the evenings, but I ease it with an ice pack while I sit on the couch.  And my restless leg syndrome keeps me twitching at night, but that affects MJ's sleep more than mine!

At my appointment this week, my OB was "staggered" (his word, not mine!) by how high the babies are, especially Baby B, who is laying cross-wise between my ribs.  Assuming I have a c-section, my doctor told me he's interested to see how Baby B comes out.  C-section incisions are made very low on the abdomen, so after Baby A is out, my doctor will have to reach all the way up into my body cavity to pull Baby B out!

No comments: