Sunday, December 9, 2012

Developments

A lot has been afoot at the Morrison household lately. Babies are growing and changing at a rapid-fire rate!

- Sweet Pea has learned to suck her thumb. I am very supportive of thumb-sucking, because it means she will be able to soothe herself now. Considering Sweet Pea was never a huge fan of the pacifier, I am relieved she seems to like sucking her thumb. In just the last few days she's become very good at it! (Plus it's just plain adorable.)
 
 

- Little Man rolled from his back to his belly -- while swaddled, no less.  I was at my sister-in-law's baby shower yesterday (more on that in a future post) and my dad and brother were watching the kids. My dad went to check on Little Man during a nap, and found him face-down in the crib, still tightly swaddled, and none too happy about his predicament.


Not only is this a major milestone, but it also means I can't swaddle Little Man anymore. This is somewhat LESS happy news, because Little Man still very much needs to be swaddled in order to sleep well! Last night I tried him in a one-arm-free swaddle, and let's just say I didn't get a whole lot of sleep. Hopefully we can get this transition done quickly!

- CC is now tall enough to open kitchen drawers and reach inside to remove things. Considering I keep, you know, knives in those drawers, I need to child-proof them. Immediately.
 

No comments: