Saturday, April 19, 2014

Birthday Recap

The day is done. CC is snoring away, no doubt dreaming of cake. But a host of memorable things came out of her mouth in the waning hours of her birthday, and I thought I'd share.

- After opening her presents, her favorites were the toddler camera and the doll Ergo (a baby carrier so she can "wear" her dolls). CC asked repeatedly whether she could keep them. Even as we were cleaning up the mess of cake dishes and wrapping paper: "Mommy, it okay I keep the Ergo and camera?"

- As I tucked her into bed, I kissed her and said, "I'll see you in the morning." She lifted her head and asked, "Will I still be three?"

- After showing her how to use the camera, and letting her play with it for a while, CC came up to me and said, "Mommy, I want to take a picture of today." Pardon me while I go bawl into a pile of tissues. Sniff.


No comments: