Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Culinary Creations

I'm filing this one under "Crafts" because I don't have a "Cooking" tag. Nor do I want one.  :)

Last week, MJ read about this amazing little gift from the food gods:


It's exactly what it looks like, folks. A cone of bread, filled with mac and cheese, and sprinkled with bacon. Apparently this concoction was offered at DisneyWorld briefly, and caused quite a stir.

I immediately decided I could make one myself. And what could be even better? A bread cone made out of pretzel.

So I whipped out my favorite soft pretzel recipe and went to work. A few hours later, it was done and I filled it with a mix of mac and cheese and MJ's chili that he'd been cooking all afternoon:


(Yes, straight mac and cheese would have been great too, but I wanted to try something different. And while bacon makes everything better, I didn't have any on hand.)

It was large, however. So I made small versions for the kids, spreading the dough over upside-down muffin tins to made mini bread bowls, and filling them with plain mac and cheese:


The mac and cheese was more popular than the pretzel bowl, although Little Man finished off his bowl shortly after devouring the contents. But to be fair, my mac and cheese recipe is just about the most popular thing going in this house, if you ask the kids.

And there was just enough dough left for four pretzels. Yum.


1 comment:

Carol said...

I will be right over. Seriously.