Monday, October 20, 2014

Visit from a Friend

What a fun weekend! A close friend from Notre Dame, Ted, came to visit us. He'd never met the kids, so it was great to see them warm up to him and really goof around. 


We showed him as much of our fair city as we could pack into two days. And now that I think about it, most of it revolved around food. Interesting.

First night: a food truck rally, where we spread a blanket and ate as many different things as possible (tacos, gourmet grilled cheese, burgers, cinnamon rolls and ice cream). MJ and I will have to go back some other time to sample the rest of the options!

Double-fisting beers and babies

Little Man was a fan of the burgers

The next day we went to a BBQ street festival, which was crowded but fun. And I learned something new about my kids: they love ribs! Especially Sweet Pea -- my tiny little picky eater couldn't get enough! Guess what's going on my family meal plan?

"More bite, please!"

There was a fountain in the middle of the festival that had giant "stepping stones" for the kids to walk and jump on.



After the festival, we wanted to kill some time before dinner. I was foolish enough to bring the kids to a nearby park, and tell them not to play in the splash pad. 


I'm glad I keep spare sets of clothes in the car, although it was a long, chilly walk back to the parking garage!

No comments: