Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Renovation Complete!

The house has been done for several weeks now, but I've been remiss in posting updated pictures. Here you go -- finally!

Overall, the house looks a lot nicer. It's less dated, fresher with more nice features, and overall much better. The color is called "Earl Gray" from Sherwin Williams, and it's exactly what I originally envisioned.

Front Before:


After:


I love the shutters, but there's something I like even more that's not really obvious from these pictures: the exposed shutter hinges and hardware that give the house such a unique look. It's a nice touch.

One of my favorite new areas of the house is the doorway. Before it was pretty plain, drab, and neglected. But now it's beautiful and I'm proud to welcome people to my door!

Doorway Before:


After:


The iron scrollwork is meant to be decorative as well as functional: it gives us some privacy from the giant open window above the door.

The roofline above the garage changed the most, with the addition of the dormer that adds so much space and light to MJ's office.

Before:


After:


The back of the house changed considerably to allow for CC's new room upstairs, but it's not noticeable from the front.

Before:


After:


There are plenty of things for me to finish inside, like hanging pictures and buying linens and curtains, etc. But I'll have to post those pictures room by room, as it all gets done! (And it will take a while, I guarantee.)

We are thrilled with the end results, and we're also thrilled that the work is complete! It's never fun to live with construction, but from my perspective it actually wasn't as bad as I thought.

Now I love driving up to our house, or spotting it as I walk down the street. The neighbors have been effusive in their compliments, and I expect I'll see some similar iron scrollwork on nearby houses in the future! Won't you come visit?

No comments: