Monday, October 12, 2015

Donuts for Dads

Last week, MJ was invited to CC's class for a special "Donuts for Dads" breakfast. 


CC was over the bug she (and Sweet Pea) caught from Little Man. She'd been fine for 24 hours, but had been milking all the attention. 

"Can I watch a movie, Mommy? Because I'm so sick?" she asked the next morning. "I don't feel well enough to go to school."

"That's too bad," I said. "Today is Donuts for Dads, remember?"

She jumped out of bed. "I'm all better! Let me pick a fancy dress ..."

It was a medical miracle.

MJ reports that CC was the perfect little host, serving him donuts and juice, and afterwards giving him a tour of the classroom. She'd made a darling placemat with a picture of him:


"He's wearing a cape," she told me.

"What are those dots on his arms?" I asked.

"His elbows," she explained.

No comments: