Monday, January 11, 2016

Time is Flying

Two things have happened in the last few days to slap me in the face with how quickly the kids are growing up.

1) I brought the kids to Mass by myself yesterday, because MJ was away for the day. We sat in the front row (which the kids love), and I decided to let the twins attend children's church with CC for the first time. 

Aside: CC was adorably bossy. "Now here's what we do for children's church. Hold my hand. No? Okay, but stay with me so you don't get lost with the other kids. We're going to have so much fun!"

And for the first time in forever (cue Frozen music), I was sitting in a church pew with no kids. Crazy! And peaceful, and relaxing, and reverent ... and bittersweet.

2) I enrolled CC in kindergarten for next year. WHAT?! I'm a teensy-weensy bit panicked that I'll never get to see her again after school starts in the fall. The school day goes from 9 am till 4 pm. Ack!

Aside: I mentioned Kindergarten in passing a while back, and MJ said, "Wait, CC's going to kindergarten in the fall?!" Ahem. Yes, yes she is.

No comments: