Thursday, January 28, 2016

Vegas, Baby!

I haven't seen Kris since she came to visit me after Sweet Pea and Little Man were born. It's been more than three years! So when she called to say that she was being sent to Las Vegas to attend a conference, and did I want to meet her there, I didn't even hesitate.

(Well, actually I did hesitate. I had to make sure that MJ was okay with the whole plan, that I could find a flight, that the kids were covered, etc ...)

Reunited! It was awesome!


We stayed at the Stratosphere, a Space Needle-like tower with an observation deck 107 floors up.


The lounge up at the top had a nice happy hour, with amazing views of the strip. I headed up there every evening to watch the sun set and wait for Kris to get back!


 The view from our hotel room wasn't shabby, either. 


And at sun set, it turned into this! 


I slept in. Actually read a book. Took long showers. Had a massage (thanks, Mom and Dad!). Got a pedicure. Walked about 100 miles a day. Ate at Shake Shack (double Shack with onions, strawberry shake) and it was awesome.

Together, we had lunch at In-N-Out Burger (double double with grilled onions, fries well done), saw Jersey Boys (so much fun!), ate dinners at Giada and Tao, and savored dessert at Carlo's Bakery.



Unfortunately, Kris' flight back to BWI was cancelled, so she was stuck in Sin City until Tuesday. My flight home on Sunday, fortunately, was unaffected. I came home to three happy children, an exhausted husband, and (gasp!) a clean house. Maybe I should go away more often?!

No comments: