Saturday, March 5, 2016

Twins' Dental Appointment

At the ripe old age of three and a half, Sweet Pea and Little Man finally visited the dentist for the first time. Better late than never!

I had some concern that they would panic at the sight of the strange room, strange chairs, and strange people. Sweet Pea in particular is not comfortable with strangers. In the days prior, we did a lot of talking about what would happen during the appointment.



It worked! Despite being a bit nervous, both kids surprised me with how well behaved and obedient they were. I think it helped that they were there together. They even had a series of x-rays taken, and didn't budge an inch. The hygienists were exclaiming over how great they were. I was a proud mama!

I was also happy to hear from the dentist that Little Man's chipped tooth probably isn't a big deal. In addition to the chip, his tooth is also cracked all the way up, so we will have to watch to make sure an abscess doesn't form in the gumline. But that's unlikely.


We celebrated afterwards -- why not? -- with chocolate-covered donuts. Naturally.


When we compared the pictures to CC's first appointment two years ago, I realized that Dr Matt looks quite different now. It was obvious even to CC. 

"What happened to his hair, Mommy?" she asked. 
"Sometimes when men get older, they lose their hair," I explained.
"Does he know that his hair is gone?"
"Um, yes, I'm pretty sure he knows."
"I'll tell him at my appointment next week."

No comments: