Thursday, May 19, 2016

Memere and Pepere's House

Last weekend, while MJ enjoyed a boys' weekend in New Orleans, I took the kids and went to visit my parents. Several days of pure spoiling ensued: seeing Dane and Hayden and Aunt Susan, going to the playground, eating all their favorite foods thanks to my mom, splashing in the kiddie pool, enjoying ice cream sundaes for dessert (heavens!). CC even received her final birthday present: an Ariel dress-up gown (Aunt Susan and the kids weren't able to attend CC's party last month). 



My dad set the pool up on the deck and the water was nice and warm by the time naps were over. Little Man took a long time to get in (mostly reaching in with his "lobster grabber"), but once he got in, he was happy as a clam.


Little Man and Sweet Pea had a blast with these squirters.



Once it was time to get out, Little Man cleaned up all the toys from the pool with the handy Lobster Grabber. I think I need to get one of these for our house!


And of course, we take every opportunity for a group photo!



I feel the need to point out that these were the last pictures to be taken of Sweet Pea's long hair. Notice her side-braid with the turquoise elastic? Yes, it's the very same braid that was unceremoniously removed that very evening.

No comments: