Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Splashpad

I heard of a splash pad here in town that's spacious and shaded, so we definitely had to check it out! The kids were jumping up and down with excitement, especially Little Man.

"You know you're going to get splashed, right?" I asked him. "That's what a splash pad is."

He sobered right up. "I don't want to get splashed!" he yelled.

Sure enough, when we arrived and got out of the car, he put the brakes on like a stubborn donkey, and I had to carry him into the fenced splash pad area. I told him he didn't have to get wet if he didn't want to, but he had to stay inside the fence with me.


The girls had a blast. And eventually, Little Man touched the water! Maybe there's hope for him yet.


I even made it into an educational experience, teaching the girls such life lessons as how to pull their bathing suits aside to pee behind a bush (there were no bathrooms). And next time, I'll even remember to bring towels.

No comments: