Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Zoo Trip

Last weekend, we went to a new zoo with Dane and Hayden and Aunt Susan. It was a lot of walking -- I told MJ it was probably more than our kids have ever walked in one day, including Disney World -- but it was great! The weather was just about perfect for spending the whole day outdoors.






Bonus: in addition to all the animals, this zoo features a discovery area for kids. There was a large wall they could draw on with chalk and/or "paint" with water. Little Man could have painted all day.


There was a mud pie-making area, a garden, a huge treehouse complex, mist to run through, and -- the favorite -- a stream to splash in. The girls took it to an extreme!





Hayden and CC: my goodness. They are two peas in a pod. Despite their two-year age difference, they could play princess, dress-up, and (apparently) with water their whole lives together!

Last note: I recently upgraded my phone to a Samsung S7, and decided to put the camera through its paces while we were at the zoo. It was hard for me not to pull out my actual camera all day, but I have to admit the pictures are pretty decent! (Although the water pics were taken by Susan's iPhone.)

No comments: