Saturday, February 11, 2017

Daddy Daughter Dance

Yesterday was a day CC had been looking forward to for months. Her first Daddy Daughter Dance! Ever since she came home from school with the invitation, she's had stars in her eyes. "I get to go to a real ball, Mommy? Just like Cinderella? I can't believe it!"



After borrowing a gorgeous dress from Hayden, practicing with a curling iron ("I told my friends they might not recognize me because my hair is curled"), and debating the merits of ruffle socks vs. tights, the day was here.  



There were a few last-minute nerves:
"But Mommy, I don't know how to ballroom dance!"
"Don't worry, sweetie; Daddy doesn't either. You guys will figure it out."

I'm happy to report that all went well. MJ says CC was intrigued by the 4th and 5th grade girls, who made a mini mosh pit in the middle of the dance floor, but she loved slow dancing with MJ, standing on top of his feet while they swayed.

The countdown to next year's Daddy Daughter Dance has begun!

P.S. This is what annoying siblings do when you're very seriously demonstrating how to dance for your pictures.

No comments: