Wednesday, August 1, 2018

Anna!


Oh my gosh oh my gosh oh my gosh ... ANNA IS VISITING US!! It doesn't get a whole lot more exciting for my crew than to spend special three-on-one time with their oldest cousin.


We kicked off the Week of Anna by doing something I've always wanted to do: go to our local amusement park! The Morrison trio is too young for big rides, and MJ is not a fan, so I've never had anyone to go with. Enter Anna. The six of us arrived at the park just as it was opening on Sunday, and she and I promptly left MJ with the littles at the kiddie area and headed to the biggest, baddest roller coaster in the whole park. There was no line, so we sat in the front seats. It was awesome! Then we squeezed in two more coasters before linking back up with MJ and the kids.



The rest of the day was spent riding all the little kid rides (surprisingly fun) and at the adjacent water park. The kids all agreed that the kiddie roller coaster was their favorite ride, and I think I definitely have a thrill-seeker in Sweet Pea, whose face was almost split in two with a huge smile the whole time.

Monday we met Dane and Hayden and Aunt Susan at a really cool park I've been wanting to check out. We had fun at the playground, riding the carousel, and mining for gems ... until the skies opened up and we called it a day. Bummer.







Tuesday we visited an indoor climbing arena. Anna and Little Man did the warped wall together several times, and Anna was able to pull herself up! Little Man tried it over and over and over again. I was completely supportive of how much energy he was expending. (I would build one at our house for him to use, but I'm sure then he would ignore it.)


CC was the only kid old enough to do the high ropes course, and to my surprise, she suited up with Anna and headed up to the ceiling. She promptly had a meltdown and an employee had to bring her back down, but hey -- she tried! "Mommy, I know lots of people like being up high, but it's just not me," she explained. We had fun watching Anna do the rest of the course from far below.



Sweet Pea gave everything a shot with her normal earnestness. She could have stayed there all day, having me assist her with balance beams, monkey bars and other obstacles. Little Man really impressed me with his ability to get himself over hurdles, swing onto ropes, and jump every which way. Maybe he's a future ninja warrior contestant.



 

Direct link to video: https://youtu.be/8K6uC-B50wE

No comments: