Monday, October 1, 2018

Auditions

CC is auditioning to be part of her school's Odyssey of the Mind team. The tryout instructions were for her to create a piece of art from prehistoric times, then present it. She spent most of her weekend happily creating a paper mache rock, decorated with early human artwork. Here is one of her rehearsals. Warning: there are many 7-year-old giggles.


Direct link to the video: https://youtu.be/NHSOkvI9ztA

I was really proud of how hard she worked and how many details she included. I didn't do any of the work for her, but I helped her think through what kinds of art early humans might have made, how they might have done it, what materials they may have used, etc. Not bad for a second grader! 

Her audition is today after school. I can't wait to hear all about it! She is feeling pretty confident. "I think I have a good chance of making the team," she told us. "I did a really creative project, all by myself!"

3 comments:

Anne said...

How did her audition go? She was so good in the video.

Morrisons said...

It went well, but we won't find out until next week whether she made the team. Fingers crossed ...

Anne said...

🤞