Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Lemonade Pie

This week, our little peach has grown to be ... a lemon.  Yes, in my world a lemon is smaller than a peach, but according to this list, the baby progresses from a peach in Week 13 to a lemon in Week 14.  It may not be scientifically accurate, but it's what we're sticking to.

So I made a lemonade pie to mark the occasion.  MJ was particularly looking forward to this week's dish, because he is a huge fan of lime- and lemon-flavored desserts (hence his favorite baby dish so far, the key lime tarts in Week 11).  I'm happy to report that the lemonade pie was tasty, as tart as MJ hoped it would be, and relatively simple to make.


P.S.  I didn't realize until after I'd bought all the ingredients for this recipe that it doesn't actually call for any lemons, just lemon-flavored things.  Whoops!  It's the thought that counts!

No comments: