Friday, November 19, 2010

Mango Salsa

Although we are almost done with Week 19, I just got around to making my next baby dish last night.  Better late than never!  This week Otto is the size of a mango.  I have to admit I was not all that familiar with mangoes prior to yesterday.  I didn't know how large they were; I had never purchased one; and I didn't know how to peel it or if it had seeds.

However, I still was successful in making this week's dish: mango salsa.


It had a nice refreshing taste and good texture.  It was pleasantly sweet, but MJ and I both agreed it was a bit too mild.  It needed a little "oomph."  If you try this, I highly recommend that you add some jalapeno or cayenne pepper to give it some zing.

(I used green bell pepper instead of red and yellow, so that explains the green bits you see in the picture.)

Oh, and the recipe is GIGANTIC.  I only made half of what was called for, and we ended up with an entire mixing bowl full of salsa.  I can't imagine who would ever need a full recipe of this salsa?!

No comments: