Sunday, December 5, 2010

Holiday Weekend

Lights in the windows?  Check.  Garlands going up the stairs?  Check.  Tree purchased and decorated?  Check.  Stockings hanging by the fireplace?  Check.  Things are looking decidedly Christmas-sy here in the Morrison house!


Normally we don't put up decorations until mid-December or so, but due to our crazy schedule this month, we got started early.  MJ and I spent yesterday picking out our tree, putting it up and decorating it.  This week I'll continue with some of the other Christmas decorations, like our beautiful Nativity set and our nutcrackers.  On Thursday evening we're hosting the neighborhood holiday party, and I wanted to make sure the house was all decked out.  An added benefit to putting up the decorations early is that MJ and I will actually be able to enjoy them, since we'll be gone all next week on our cruise.

Last night was also MJ's firm's annual holiday party, which was a lot of fun.  I needed a bit of help with my dress, but with MJ's muscles on my side, we were able to wrestle the zipper up.  I believe MJ's exact description of me was "sausaged into that dress," ha ha!  It was definitely the last time I'll be able to wear it before Otto makes his appearance!

1 comment:

B-Mama said...

You all look lovely! So exciting that you're having to "sausage" yourself into something! Yeah Otto! :)