Friday, December 31, 2010

Spaghetti Squash Tacos

When I read that the baby is the size of a spaghetti squash this week, I have to admit that I had no idea what a spaghetti squash was.  Apparently it gets its name from the spaghetti-looking strands that form inside the squash when it's cooked.  Who knew?

Anyway, after doing a little research into various spaghetti squash recipes, I couldn't resist spaghetti squash tacos.  It sounded so weird, so incongruous, that I had to try it.


So we had them for lunch today.  And they didn't taste nearly as weird as I thought they would!  I guess this type of squash is mild enough tasting that the taco seasonings completely took over.  So it just tasted like regular tacos, except the texture was softer than meat would have been.  Not too bad at all!

And I was pretty impressed by the spaghetti squash itself.  Maybe mine was larger than normal, so it's possible Otto isn't quite that big yet.  But seriously, it was almost the size of a newborn baby!  It's hard to imagine that there is anything even remotely close to that size inside me!

No comments: