Saturday, January 22, 2011

Chicken Tostadas

No, Otto isn't the size of a chicken this week.  Although now that I think about it ... I purchased a rotisserie chicken for this week's recipe, and the baby might actually be approximately that size!

But according to the site I'm using, Otto is the size of a head of iceberg lettuce this week.  And trust me when I say that there really aren't any recipes out there for lettuce.  Sure, there are tons of salads, but MJ doesn't like salad dressing, and iceberg lettuce doesn't have much nutritional value anyway.


So I settled for a recipe I found for chicken tostadas, which featured a heavy dose of iceberg lettuce.  They were really yummy!  The recipe wasn't difficult, but as with most tex-mex dishes, there were just a lot of moving pieces.  In addition to making the chicken/veggie mixture, I had to chop and mix the lettuce blend, cut the avocado, heat up the refried beans, toast the tostada shells, grate the cheese, etc.  So tasty as they were, I don't think I'll be making this recipe very often in the future because it wasn't really worth the effort.

But now that we're in Week 28, Otto is opening and blinking his eyes, and his muscles and lungs are developing rapidly.  His head is getting bigger to accommodate his growing brain -- but hopefully not too big!  MJ and I both have rather large skulls, so unfortunately I think I'm doomed no matter what.  :)

No comments: