Sunday, March 27, 2011

Week 38 Belly Pic

This week the skin on my belly started itching. A lot. I hope this is not heralding the appearance of stretch marks, which I have thus far been able to avoid! I tried some hydrocortisone cream yesterday, but it didn't help (perhaps because the expiration date was in 2004). Maybe it's time to head to the pharmacy for a new tube?

In the meantime, here's how I'm looking:


I'm starting to get comments left and right now! Waitresses, cashiers, and other random strangers are asking me when I'm due, making predictions about the gender, and congratulating me. It's so nice that the world can tell I'm going to have a baby! I wish it could have been this way for the last 4-5 months, but if I only get it for a few weeks, I'll take it.

I've been sleeping better lately, probably because I've (mostly) kicked the cold I was battling. And that means MJ is sleeping better too! Poor guy -- he actually moved to the couch in the middle of the night once last week, and slept in the guest room another night. But I think things are back to normal now.

My other symptoms remain the same (carpal tunnel syndrome, swollen ankles, aching back) and are pretty manageable. MJ has been very sweet, microwaving my heating pad for me whenever my back gets bad. I'm really looking forward to all these symptoms going away once Otto arrives!

1 comment:

Manda said...

First off, i found you blog from babycenter so hope this not too weird for you! But I use Burt's Bees Belly Balm and it works so good with the itch. I have not had a problem with itching at all so I would try that! It is thick and waxy so it helps with the prevention of stretch-marks as well!

You look great and good luck with everything! (my blog is www.watchingmybellygrow.blogspot.com in case you want to get to know me a little) I live near Savannah GA so I hope you had fun on your visit!