Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Ants on a Log

This week I made what was definitely the easiest baby recipe of my pregnancy!  Otto is the size of a bunch of celery, and I made ants on a log.


To be fair, although celery appears as an ingredient in lots of recipes, it's very hard to find a recipe that features celery as the main ingredient.  I was going to make stuffed celery (a garlic cream cheese mixture spread into the grooves of celery stalks -- also easy) but MJ, who loves peanut butter, asked for ants on a log.

So there you go.  A ridiculous easy baby recipe for me this week, which is nice because we're in the home stretch and I have a lot going on!

Otto, on the other hand, does not have a lot going on.  He/she is fully formed, full-term, and just packing on the pounds while we wait for him to make his entrance into the world.  MJ and I both have a strong feeling that he will be late, and that I might even need to be induced if he hasn't arrived a week or so after my due date. 

Stay tuned tomorrow, when I'll report back after my ultrasound and appointment.

No comments: