Saturday, April 16, 2011

One Week Overdue

As of today, Otto is officially one full week late.  I don't have a single contraction or sign of progress to report, so I am hoping that things are going on in "stealth mode" inside me.

Tomorrow is the last day that my doctor is out of town.  Despite my concerns, it seems like his ill-timed medical conference will not affect Otto's delivery after all.  As long as the baby is born on Monday or later, my doctor will be the one to deliver him, and I'll be thrilled.  Well, I'll be thrilled no matter which doctor is there to deliver the baby, but you know what I mean!

MJ has a two-day Little League tournament this weekend, and each day consists of two games.  He's at the first of the four games right now, which was delayed due to rain this morning, and will probably not stay for the second game.  This tournament is quite a ways from our house, and because of the rain delay the second game today won't even start until 7:30 pm.  MJ doesn't feel comfortable being so far from me at night, and since the other coaches will be there with the team, he can head home after the first game is over.  We'll see what happens with tomorrow's games -- MJ and I might be in the hospital having our baby tomorrow!

My friend Carol, whose due date is tomorrow, is scheduled for a c-section on Monday if she hasn't had her baby already.  She and I are both hoping we go into labor any minute now.  Prayers for both of us, please!

No comments: