Sunday, April 17, 2011

Week 41 Belly Pic

I am not very happy to be posting a 41-week belly picture!  Otto is eight days late now, and that beats anything MJ and I would have predicted.  We knew that first-time moms tend to have late babies, but we were thinking more along the lines of 5-6 days at the most. 


This morning MJ and I went to Mass, and then he headed off to his Little League team's pre-game batting practice.  I think I will join him for at least the first game this afternoon.  Last year I went to every single game his team played, and got to know the kids and the parents pretty well.  This year it seems odd to me that I haven't been to any of the games yet.  So Rory and I will pack a blanket and a folding chair and head out to watch some baseball.

I have an OB appointment tomorrow, with my own doctor, who will be back from his trip -- wahoo!  The appointment will include a biophysical profile, which is a very in-depth ultrasound to check fluid levels, baby's movements, sizes, etc.  Keep in mind that the end of pregnancy is when babies experience the most rapid growth ... so although my doctor was originally concerned Otto might be too small, by the time this birth happens, he might be large!

1 comment:

B-Mama said...

Praying for you!! Hang in there--you are handling all of this beautifully!! Best wishes from FL!