Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Hair and Such

There was a little girl
Who had a little curl
Right in the middle of her forehead.
When she was good
She was very good indeed,
But when she was bad she was horrid.

- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow


Of course our darling CC is never "horrid"!  Challenging sometimes, yes.  But I remember my parents reciting this poem to me when I was small (I also had curly hair), and now I can pass on the tradition by teaching it to CC.

I've also had requests for a picture that shows the reddish-ness of CC's hair.  The pictures I have posted up until now have almost all used flash, which tends to mask the redness.  So today I took a few with natural light.  I think this one is the best of the bunch.  I love that I can get her to smile now -- I get great pictures!  And maybe someday she will learn that she doesn't have to stick her tongue out when she smiles.

This curl on the top of her head appeared about 5 days ago.  Not that I'm biased, of course, but it's ridiculously adorable.  She looks just like a kewpie doll!

P.S.  Notice that she is stylin' in a Ralph Lauren outfit (courtesy of Aunt Susan and Uncle Jon).  Sometimes I think my infant daughter has a nicer wardrobe than I do!

No comments: