Monday, May 30, 2011

Memorial Day

What a great weekend!

Today we relaxed, ran a few errands, and spent our afternoon hanging out with CC and then grilling dinner.  (Props to MJ: the steak he grilled for me was excellent!)  I insisted that he take a picture of me with CC, since there are very few pictures of me with her since the hospital.  I am almost always the one on the other side of the camera!  So here we are, with CC wearing the full Notre Dame outfit that MJ inexplicably dressed her in this morning, right down to the green leprechaun socks:


MJ had a packed schedule earlier this weekend, since the Little League team he coaches was participating in a tournament.  He had two games on Saturday afternoon, followed by two games on Sunday.

It was brutally hot both days, so CC and I didn't attend the earlier games.  But we came to both evening games to cheer on MJ and his team.  CC must be their lucky charm, because MJ's team swept all the competition and took first place overall in the tournament!

CC got a lot of attention in the stands.  Many of the women there (mothers of boys on the team) were present when my water broke, and they were thrilled to finally meet the baby who had tried her hardest to be born at a baseball tournament!  CC slept through Saturday evening's game, but on Sunday she was wide awake and happy the whole time, looking around and smiling at everyone who admired her.  I think many of the ladies were paying more attention to CC than to the game!

No comments: