Saturday, June 11, 2011

Baptism Prep

This morning, MJ and I took CC to attend our Baptism preparation class.  Our parish requires it for all first-time parents.  MJ and I laughed when we registered for the class; we taught 8th grade Faith Formation this year, and the curriculum was all about the Sacraments.  We could have taught this Baptism preparation class!

But actually, the majority of the class was about what would happen during the Baptism ceremony:  where to stand, what to expect, etc.  Our instructor was a deacon from the church who was friendly and funny -- all the things our pastor is not! -- so I think we will ask him to perform CC's baptism.

There were 15 other sets of parents and babies in attendance.  I wonder if any of the babies from today's class will be baptized with CC?  Our parish allows up to 4 babies to be baptized at once, but I am hoping it will be a smaller, more intimate ceremony. 

So class is done and MJ and I are all set for CC's Baptism! 

No comments: