Saturday, February 11, 2012

FAQs

Since announcing our big news yesterday, I've been inundated with questions and congrats.  We are so blessed to have such supportive friends and family!  Here are the answers to most of the common questions:

- Do twins run in my family?  CORRECTION: yes, there are two sets of twins in my family; cousins of my mom and uncles of my dad. 

- How am I feeling?  So far, so good.  I had some lightheadedness early on, but that seems to have improved since I started eating more (more on that in a later post).

- When am I due?  August 26th, but twins usually come early.  35 weeks is the average, but regardless, my doctor said he won't let me go later than 39 weeks.  That would put me at August 19th.  I am 12 weeks pregnant today.

- Are you going to find out the genders?  No!  We loved finding out in the delivery room with CC, so we're going to do it again (times two!) with the twins.

- Did you plan this?  Well, obviously you can't plan twins.  But yes, we wanted to have another baby this soon.  MJ and I always wanted kids close together in age.  But we were already surprised enough to find out we were pregnant at all, considering how hard it was for us to have CC, so you can imagine our shock when we learned there were two babies!

- How old will CC be when the twins are born?  16 months.  So she'll still be a baby herself, which means we'll really have our hands full.  But although the first few months/years might be tough, I think it will be truly wonderful once they are older and can all play together.  CC will likely be just one year ahead of the twins in school

- When did you find out?  We learned we were pregnant just a few days before Christmas.  We learned they were twins on Wednesday, January 4, a day that we will never forget.

- Are you going to do belly pictures again?  Yes.  I wasn't planning on it originally, but when we found out it was twins, I decided to do it after all -- if for no other reason than to see how much BIGGER my belly gets with two babies!

No comments: