Monday, November 5, 2012

Fun Weekend

Where to begin?!  We've had a flurry of activity here the last few days.

It all started off on Thursday, when MJ left to attend a retreat for the associates at his firm.  We were bummed to be apart for another few days, but -- happy day! -- about an hour later, my friend Kristen arrived from Pennsylvania to visit.  Woo hoo!  I've been looking forward to her visit for months.


Kris and I were randomly assigned to be roommates our freshman year of college, so she's literally one of the first people I met at Loyola.  And I've been friends with her longer than almost anyone else I know.  So there's a lot of love and history between us!  It was wonderful to spend several days with her and introduce her to Little Man and Sweet Pea.


Kris' son Daniel had many of Little Man's same reflux and fussiness issues when he was a baby, so Kris showed me all kinds of tricks she and her husband learned with Daniel.  Lo and behold, Little Man stops fussing (mostly) when I hold him on my hip facing out.  Who knew?  I guess the pressure on his tummy makes him feel better.

CC loved having another person around to give her attention, and she especially loved that Kris had brought her a book for every day of her visit.  It only took one day before CC figured out how to rip off wrapping paper.  She definitely gets it -- Christmas will be fun this year!  And now she has four more books in her growing collection.

MJ returned home Saturday afternoon, just in time to catch the Notre Dame game.  At the end of it all, ND came out with a win, bringing them to 9-0 for the season.  But it wasn't pretty, and I probably lost about 5 years off my life!

In the middle of all this commotion was our neighborhood's annual block party.  Kris helped me load up the kids and supplies, and head over to help set everything up.  We had a great turnout, and all the kids wore their Halloween costumes. 

The local fire department brought a truck over for the kids to crawl on, and I got some cute pics:



After all the kids were in bed, Kris and I left MJ in charge and headed out for a girls' night.  Before I knew it, it was 11 pm!  That's what happens when we get talking ... it was so nice to be face-to-face again.

And yesterday we all brought her back to the airport to return home.  Even CC cried after she said good-bye.  The next time I visit Kris and her family, I will have to draw straws to see which child comes with me.  There's no way I could fly with all three!

Today MJ headed out ... again ... for another business trip.  So the kids and Rory and I are at my parents' house for the week.  Ta ta!

No comments: