Sunday, November 25, 2012

Thanksgiving

Whew!  We're back, multiple loads of laundry are in progress, MJ is at the office prepping for a trial this week, all three kids are napping (miracle!) and I have a few minutes to upload pictures.

First, a picture of our three angels wearing their Thanksgiving outfits.  Thanks, Grandma and Grandpa!
 

Next, a picture of all eight cousins on my mom's side.  The only other time we've ever taken a picture together was about 10 years ago, I think.  And that might even have been the last time we were all together at once.


Speaking of cousins, this was also the first time in a while that all five grandchildren (soon to be six!) on my side of the family were together.  Here they are, from left to right: Bryson, Dane, Little Man, and CC ... elbowing Sweet Pea in the face. Sigh.


There was much talking, baby-snuggling, hugging, card-playing, wine-drinking and all-around fun.

My Auntie Ann with Dane
 
CC enjoying the breeze from the porch heater

My mom dancing with Bryson
 
Susan (due in 7 weeks!) snuggling Sweet Pea
 
Jon and Dane enjoying some apple pie
 
My mom did an admirable job serving and hosting over twenty people at the house, and all our family's favorite Thanksgiving dishes were devoured.  My contribution: a pecan pie, a pumpkin pie, (you can't beat Paula Deen for desserts!) and dinner rolls.  Hey, it might not seem like a lot, but it was no small feat making two pies in between chasing CC and keeping up with the twins' napping and eating schedule!

Also, did I mention that Notre Dame won their final football game of the regular season last night, which means they were undefeated and are going to the national championship game in January?!?  MUCH excitement here in the Morrison household! 

No comments: