Thursday, December 20, 2012

Sleep!

Last night, for the first time, Little Man and Sweet Pea both slept through the night without waking. 

This is the first time since they were born that they've both slept through the night the same night. I couldn't believe it when I woke up at 6:30 this morning and realized that I hadn't gotten up once during the night!  Not once to stumble down the hallway to turn up the white noise volume.  Not once to sleepily juggle both babies onto the glider to nurse them.  Not once to move a crib away from the wall to retrieve a dropped pacifier. 

Considering how impossible sleeping was for me the last two months of my pregnancy, it's been at least six months since I've had a solid night's sleep.

No, I am not feeling like a "new woman" today.  I think my sleep deficit is so large that one good night's sleep won't make me feel rested.  But it's a start!

I am under no illusions that a full night's sleep will become the norm now.  But I am suddenly more optimistic about getting to that point soon.  I will settle for having these nights more often in the future.  (Heck, I will settle for having these nights even once a month!)

No comments: