Thursday, January 31, 2013

Pee Problems

About two weeks ago, I realized that Sweet Pea and Little Man were just about done with Size 1 diapers, so I ordered a box of Size 2's (I get all my diapers through Amazon -- awesome prices, free shipping, and no lugging giant boxes back from the store!).

Just at that point, Little Man started leaking during the night and naps.  I didn't know what the problem was, but I did some research online and the general consensus was that baby boys start leaking when they are outgrowing their current diaper size.

No problem, I thought.  I already have Size 2 diapers on the way!

A day or so later, they arrived.  Right away, they solved the naptime leaking problem.  But Little Man was still waking up wet in the mornings.  And I don't mean a little bit of leakage here and there.  I'm talking about the front of his pajamas completely soaked, plastered to him, and because he likes to sleep on his tummy, urine was drenching him, his pajamas, his sleep sack, his sheet, and his mattress pad.  Ugh!  That was a TON of laundry to be doing every day.  

Who, this dapper fellow?

I tried every tip I heard about.  I tried going up to an even bigger diaper (for a while there, Little Man was wearing one of CC's Size 4 diapers to bed!).  I tried pointing him downwards when I diapered him.  I tried folding the top edge of his diaper inwards.  Nothing worked!  It's been a loooooong (and wet, and stinky) two weeks.

Then I heard about overnight diapers, and decided to give them a shot.  Back to Amazon I went, and yesterday they arrived.  (For the record, I ordered Huggies Size 3, which is the smallest overnight diaper available.)

This morning he woke up dry for the first time in weeks!  It looked like he was wearing a bowling ball, and his diaper weighed about 5 pounds when I took it off him, but his pajamas were dry!

Thank goodness for overnight diapers.  I was really at my wits' end.  But now his "meenis" (as CC calls it) is wrapped up and under control.

No comments: