Monday, April 8, 2013

New Foods

Last week was a BANNER week in the new-food department.

Sweet Pea and Little Man tried apples:


Which they both liked.  Hallelujah!  Sweet Pea likes something!  And how ironic that it's apples -- the only thing CC didn't like when she was this age!  The very first time I offered apples, Little Man and Sweet Pea ate an entire apple.  (Of course Little Man ate more than his half, but Sweet Pea probably had at least one-third of the apple.  Again, amazing.)  I just cored it and pureed it with an immersion blender.  No cooking involved whatsoever.

Then we tried yogurt:  


Oh.  My.  Gosh.  Sweet Pea probably ate her body weight in yogurt.  (MJ reminded me that an entire tub of Yo Baby yogurt is, in fact, 4 ounces and not anywhere close to the roughly 14 pounds Sweet Pea weighs, but you get what I'm saying.)  It was banana-flavored, in case anyone's interested.

Sweet Pea and Little Man ate an entire tub of yogurt.  Each.  I am not surprised about Little Man -- seriously, he would probably eat all day if I let him.  But Sweet Pea has never had that much of anything at one time, ever.  

What a week!

No comments: