Sunday, May 12, 2013

Mothers' Day

Today was fabulous.  Not only because MJ cooked me breakfast and treated me to brunch and gave me a spa gift certificate.  Not only because the weather was gorgeous.  But because I reflected on the fact that I have these little souls


to cherish.

I'm not an eloquent writer, so I don't have the words to describe how I feel.  But I am so incredibly blessed to have the family that I always imagined.

I am also lucky to have an incredible mother myself, who has been a great role model and shown me unconditional love.  And my mother-in-law, who has always treated me as her own and given me so much support.

And, since Mother's Day was not always a happy day for me, I'll say a special prayer for women who long to be mothers, for those who have lost their mothers, and for mothers who have lost a child.

No comments: