Sunday, April 6, 2014

Fashionista

I purchased some cute pink sports sandals for CC this week, and I was excited to show them to her when I returned home.

"I bought you something special!" I said. Her eyes grew wide and a big smile broke out on her face.

"What is it?" she said, excited.

"Look at these new sandals!" I showed her. She ran over to me and wanted to try them on right away.

I put them on her feet -- they fit perfectly -- and stepped back and said, "Great! They're so cute! Do you like them?"

She turned to me with a smile and said, "No, I want different ones. You can bring these back to the store."

Wait ... what?!

I was completely floored. Never before has CC not wanted an article of clothing that I purchased for her (because I have such great taste, naturally). She was calm but adamant -- she did not like the pink sandals. She stuck to her guns all day. When MJ got home from work, she happily greeted him with the news that she did not like the sandals Mommy got for her.

I don't know how she knows that there are "different ones" available. Or how she knows that returning things is possible. But I definitely don't want a battle every morning about getting dressed, so I've decided that it's okay if CC picks her own shoes. Within reason.

The next day I loaded everyone into the car and drove down to Kohls, where CC proudly told the saleslady that she did not want the pink ones, and picked out "different ones" -- in purple.


No comments: