Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Waste Not, Want Not

I loved the shirts I made for St Patrick's Day, but once the holiday was past, I knew the kids would never wear them again. I didn't want to waste the nice white shirts, so I re-decorated them:


I wanted something cute (of course!), coordinating, and -- most of all -- simple. I had to get this done fast, because pretty soon the hot weather will be here, and they won't be wearing long sleeves anymore!

It was tougher than I thought to remove the shamrocks, but with the help of a LOT of Goof Off (basically paint thinner), several days airing out on the deck, and several cycles through the washer with bleach, the shirts were basically plain white again. 

A few bits of fabric scrap later, they were done! The only difference this time is that I sewed around the edges of all the letters to keep them from unraveling or peeling off.

Rory, of course, wanted to photo-bomb the picture. So be it.

No comments: