Saturday, November 22, 2014

Holiday Sparkle

Last week I mentioned collecting pinecones with Sweet Pea and Little Man. Here's what we did with them:

I screwed a small eyehook into the base of each one.


Then we took the whole project outside on a (relatively) nice day. (I draw the line at glitter inside the house!)

I sprayed each pinecone liberally with spray adhesive. Then, one by one, we put the pinecones into ziplock bags filled with gold glitter. Everyone took a turn shaking the heck out of the bags.


Then we left them to dry.


The next day, I gently banged the excess glitter off each one. There was a LOT of excess glitter! I think the ground near our picnic table will be sparkling for years. I tied ribbons into the eyehooks, hung them from our windows, and garnished with a big red bow. Ta da! 


These work for Thanksgiving as well as Christmas, so they can stay up for a while. Now if only I can keep the kids from constantly poking them and releasing more showers of glitter!

No comments: